*2.0 PYFS Teacher Training II
- Increase your visibility and credibility with athletes
- Increase your potential income with more clarity and knowledge to share
- Learn the time-tested techniques Gwen has used and developed
- Be affiliated with a respected teacher and her proven results based system
- Be a part of Elite Power Yoga for Sports Coaching Team
- Personally referred for jobs by Gwen Lawrence
- Own your own area of the country for training
- Own use of PYFS trademark
To what is sure to be a very exciting chapter in your life. Whether you are purchasing this Online Teacher Training course to deepen your own knowledge and practice, or intend to teach others you have made the right decision.
THE MOST EXCITING PART
of Becoming Power Yoga for Sports II certified !!!!
Once your are finished and graduated with PYFS I & PYFS II & The Way of the Mindful Athlete Course
“TEAM POWER YOGA FOR SPORTS”
- Title elite PYFS Coach and use of register trademark
- Possibility of conducting your own PYFS Teacher Trainings
- Free access to all PYFS Webinars and Coaching Packets being created, and ability to sell for percent share of profits these programs
- Listed on GwenLawrence.com and Poweryogaforsports.com with title of Elite Coach
- Personally referred by Gwen Lawrence to relevant inquiries for your area, all level athletes.
- You will hold a 50 mile radius of location as Your area, and that location Elite Power Yoga for Sports Coach
- One social media post per year by Gwen about your program
- Ability to participate in private PYFS facebook group
With PYFS I, The Way of the Mindful Athlete, and PYFS II, you belong to an elite community devoted to learning how to teach yoga specific to athletes. You will explore experiential anatomy, practice teaching in a variety of learning environments, and so much more. Gwen’s Power Yoga for Sports Teacher Training has trained teachers for the past 2 decades, in 28 states and 18 countries who have continued on to flourish as both yoga teachers and practitioners.
Then Power Yoga for Sports Yoga Teacher Training II Program is your next step!!
What will you learn?
CONTINUE TO LEARN THE GAME
- Help your students develop a heightened sense of body-awareness
- Learn the same successful techniques Gwen Has used with her 2 time Super Bowl Champion NY Giants.
- Understand the specific athletes needs for their sport and position (ie: pitcher vs. catcher).
- You will continue to learn how to assess the athlete in conjunction with their sport and give them the practice that will support them to excel both on and off of the mat.
- More in depth relevant anatomy knowledge and how to apply this knowledge to your teachings to athletes.
How to teach athletes with injuries
- Develop skills for teaching an athlete with injuries.
- Learn to discover creative ways to warm-up and cool down the body
- Learn the benefits of classical yoga postures and how to weave them into posture sequences that make an exciting class
- Find ways to motivate students and safely pace your class according to students’ skill levels and experience
- How to create lesson plans for a complete series of classes with progressive levels of difficulty.
Principles of anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology
- Focus on safety, joint movement, range of motion, and a functional understanding of skeletomuscular systems and structures.
What you will receive 2.0 enhanced versions!
Watch Gwen’s inspiring teachings.
- Live Assessment class, poses to use to asses imbalances with your athletes and gain “new Eyes” part 1 & 2
- Personal online assessment done by Gwen so you can see the process (done by email and exchange of pictures) 250.00 value
- PYFS II muscle review
- PYFS II all about joints
- 4 regeneration routine videos to use
- Mindfulness worksheet to use with your team and athletes
- PYFS II Poses of evaluation book
- Sequencing tip sheet
- The PYFS II course manual **
- 200+ page training manual **
- SO MUCH MORE...
Gwen’s own PYFS II E-Book
Power Yoga for Sports 200 page Course book
This is the key tool for the program, you will follow read and re-read to not only learn but also absorb and be Power Yoga for Sports. This book is not available ANYWHERE else, it is exclusive to Power Yoga for Sports II Trainees.
Gwen’s own Pose Book II
This book not only teaches you the basic PYFS poses but it also explains why the poses are useful and indispensable for ATHLETES.
PYFS Certification Program:
In addition to everything listed above, the Power Yoga For Sports II Certification program includes an authentic PYFS certificate. This certificate allows you to teach under the Power Yoga For Sports name and trademark, using Gwen’s proven methods.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must:
- BE 18 YEARS OF AGE
- DISPLAY ENGLISH LANGUAGE COMPETENCY
- DEMONSTRATE THE SKILLS, ABILITIES, EMOTIONAL MATURITY, AND MENTAL STABILITY TO SAFELY TEACH YOGA
- HAVE AT LEAST TWO YEARS OF YOGA EXPERIENCE
- HAVE PRACTICED YOGA REGULARLY FOR THE PAST SIX MONTHS
Additional entrance requirement for Power Yoga for Sports Training: All applicants must possess the following certification
- PROOF OF SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF POWER YOGA FOR SPORTS I
- PROOF OF SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE WAY OF THE MINDFUL ATHLETE ONLINE COURSE
Admission to the certification program is determined on a rolling basis. Given high program demand, we strongly recommend that you submit applications as early as possible (at least two months prior to the program start). PYFS does not discriminate with regard to race, ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation or religion.
To apply to the PYFS II Yoga Teacher Training, please:
1. Review information on costs, curricula, and general information about PYFS II on our website.
2. Show proof of completion of PYFS I
PYFS reserves the right to require a phone interview or take other steps to supplement your application, if needed, in order to arrive at an informed admissions decision.
This program is intended to result in your addendum certification as a Power Yoga for Sports teacher.
- Certified PYFS II Must have PYFS I and recommended The Way of the Mindful Athlete CoursevYoga teachers must possess a certain level of emotional and mental stability and the skills necessary to safely and competently teach yoga. Although the majority of students who complete this program and are certified, we reserve the right to withhold certification from any student who fails to develop the necessary skills.
- If it is determined that you have not successfully met the certification requirements, you will meet with the teacher trainers, who will determine the appropriate steps needed to complete certification. This process may include the need to work with a certified PYFS Yoga teacher or mentor at the student’s additional expense. In most cases, this process takes from three to six months but may take up to one year to complete. If you are not able to complete the additional requirements within a year from the end-date of the program, it will be necessary to repeat the entire training in order to be certified.
PYFS uses the following criteria to determine eligibility for certification:
Participation in 3 practice-teach sessions is mandatory for certification. During these sessions you must demonstrate the ability to teach PYFS Yoga using the methodology presented in this training. By submitting 2 half hour filmed sessions with athletes or a team of choice, PLUS OTHER ASSIGNMENTS
Professional Behavior and Ethical Conduct
All students in the training are required to adhere to the program guidelines as stated in this agreement and the Ethics and Responsibility Agreements. These requirements are designed to create safety while maintaining a professional atmosphere. Failure to adhere could result in denial of certification.
Discounted SKYPE opportunities (Available for Certification Applicants ONLY):
Students choosing to take the PYFS II training course for official certification are eligible for 3 discounted skype sessions with Gwen. Sessions must be scheduled within 12 months of original purchase. Regular skype sessions with Gwen are $150 per half hour. Certification candidates are eligible for up to 3 sessions at $75 per half hour session. It is during this session you can ask Gwen your compiled list of questions and concerns going forward with your business.
Upon completion and at the discretion of Power Yoga for Sports team, the student of the certification course will receive a certificate of completion with a comprehensive knowledge to share the Power Yoga for Sports way to athletes from Little League to Olympic Gold and Professional level. They may say they have been taught the Power Yoga for Sports techniques.
About Gwen Lawrence:
Gwen Lawrence, BS LMT e-RYT500 Registered Yoga Therapist has been described as a “visionary” and “leader” in the yoga and sporting world. Her innovative approach to using ‘Power Yoga’ as a means for greater performance on the field has attracted the attention of professional athletes and teams throughout North America.
She has over 20 years experience as a seasoned athlete, yoga practitioner and teacher, as well as massage therapist. Gwen is a wealth of knowledge and expertise that is here to guide you through your teacher training process. Gwen’s unique combination of dance, massage and yoga training experience, coupled with her extensive knowledge of anatomy, and nutrition, provide her clients with overwhelming benefits.
Gwen is the yoga instructor for 5 Pro teams in NY. Her writing appears in Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Fitness Magazine, Shape Magazine, Yoga Journal, Cosmo, Details and shape.com, espn.com. She makes regular appearances on NBC TODAY show, Good Day NY, Dr. Oz. She was featured in ESPN Magazine at the “Best innovation in Sports Medicine” as well she is a featured teacher for Gaiam DVD’s and Ads.
Testimonials from Gwen’s Students
Gwen is an awesome teacher and guide. Hands down she offers the most challenging and inspiring yoga practice. As an athlete, I was thrilled to find an approach that honored this drive, while at the same time opened up a whole new level of discovery of yoga. Gwen was THE inspiration for me to pursue certification. Gwen imparts an in-depth and practical understanding of the foundational elements of yoga and inspires you to explore your edge. Gwen is an anatomy junky and a strict observer of the principles of alignment. She offers a profound and deep review of these elements. I respect the critical importance these qualities of knowledge provide your of teaching. The opportunities for hands on assist and evaluation informed me immensely. As the training evolved, I gained the confidence to embrace my own skill and developed a keen desire to inspire others. “Trained by Gwen” holds marquee value and I do not take that for granted. Her standards and style are held in the highest regard, elevating my own value. I am incredibly grateful for Gwen’s friendship, continually guiding and informing my teaching. I am drawn to the community that gravitates to her teacher training, her classes, her commanding and fun personality and the continual learning opportunities. I feel incredibly blessed to have her guiding me on this crazy yogic journey I am on. – Shari Balaish
Gwen’s teacher training class took my 14 year old yoga practice and teaching to a much deeper, level. I went in thinking I was just going to learn more about some muscles and I came out of the training with not only a deeper knowledge base of the anatomy but much more that went way beyond my expectations. Gwen’s teacher training gave me the confidence to branch out of my comfort zone, I have since started my own yoga studio and loving it. Thank you Gwen, I am so grateful for having you in my life, and the ways in which your training transformed me! – Frannie Rochat
Inspiring! Knowledgeable! Motivating! I cant say enough positive things about Gwen! This training was life changing for me personally and professionally. I am Better, Stronger Happier! Gwen is able to communicate her vast knowledge in a fun understandable way with deep clarity. Her program prepared me to become a confident teacher with a strong foundation. I now teach with a greater understanding of alignment and have been able to help my students enjoy yoga safely through the tools and guidance I learned in from Gwen. Thanks to the knowledge and confidence I gained from Gwen’s Teacher Training Program I have been busy teaching both privately and in studios.Gwen is one of a kind! Motivating and supportive! Be prepared to change your life!!! – Nancy Hoffman
As a graduate of Gwen’s Power Yoga for Sports teacher training program, I’ve stepped confidently into teaching. The program and experience of working with Gwen has helped me tie all aspects of yoga together in a way that allows me to deliver specific yoga practices tailored for students and clients’ needs. Gwen’s leadership and teaching has allowed me to understand the practice of yoga on a deeper and more functional level, I find I”m able to clearly express and communicate to my students the benefits they are getting by the work they are putting into their practice. The hands on work and time Gwen gives during the Power Yoga for Sports training program has me know she is forever a resource and support in my teaching yoga and value wealth of knowledge she so generously shares. The time in this program has inspired me and given me the confidence to truly lead people in a strong and powerful practice. – Pamela Baur
This training is meant for existing yoga teachers only. Since it is a download, it is also non-refundable. By purchasing this training, you agree that Gwen Lawrence, Power Yoga for Sports LLC and all affiliated partners accept no liability for the content of this training, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing this information is strictly prohibited. The income examples on this website are just that – examples. They are not intended to represent or guarantee that everyone will achieve the same results. You understand that each individual’s success will be determined by his or her desire, dedication, background, effort and motivation to work. There is no guarantee you will duplicate any of the results stated here.
As I have been reading through your websites, it looks like the specific sport training videos are sold separately.
not anymore they are all free on my app which is in transition and on my you tube channel, We have the Power Yoga for Spots Training kits available for purchase, as elite trainee you get discounts once you graduate.
Does the E-PYFS $1650 training include specific sport training too?
It is all about sport specific training learn 13 sports and then feel comfortable to create on your own.
I am currently working with some youth baseball and basketball players and am looking for some more specific training in regards to these sports.
They are included
ONCE you graduate E-PYFS also get referred by me as many teams, athletes and trainers ask for references all over the world, to date I have trainees in 18 countries and 28 states working together to make themselves great
What is the difference between the $1650 and $850 training?
850 is one course the basic pyfs training
1650 is three courses
PYFS 1 PYFS 2 and the way of the mindful athlete curriculum course. Once you are done you are certified E-PYFS THIS LEVEL COMES WITH benefits you will see listed on the site
Basic PYFS you are PYFS CERTIFIED!
Do these both come with a certification?
Yes just different levels
Are the online trainings all done independently with videos etc. or does Gwen do in person trainings?
The above trainings are all done on your own and you submit videos. Writings and observations at the end that I meticulously go over before giving certification. This way I am totally sure I feel comfortable if I refer you and have you part of the team
How long does the training typically take?
Since the online program is done at your own pace, it is difficult to nail down timing, as it is dependent on the lifestyle you have. Typically it has taken people 4 months to 12 months, also dependent on how quickly you read the required reading list, and wchich training level you go for.
Not sure what you mean here: Also, how do you regulate where we complete our practice teaching.
If you are asking how I regulate how you pass/complete the course…there is a to do list to complete and final video to submit to me which I personally assess and go back and forth to you with questions until I feel comfortable that you are ready.
Does that answer your question?
I am interested in taking the certification program for the Power Yoga for Sports and would love to know more information as to how I can become certified. I have read your website but don’t see any information which states what qualifications a person requires
THERE IS TEXT THAT SAYS YOU NEED TO BE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
200 YOGA TEACHER
TRAINER OR IN SIMILAR BUSINESS
If I take the course online, with I still receive an official certificate?
And is there a starting date? Or will this training process be more on my own time?
Your own time
Approximately how many hours of training total? And how many hours do you recommend putting in each week?
It is really up to the time you have according to other work and commitments PYFS I is about 100 hours all together with all readings
PYFS II is less
Will there be one-on-one opportunities with you? (Skype, phone calls, etc.)
My trainees have discounted Skype sessions with me elite track there are cheaper and in some cases free opportunities to FaceTime, I encourage it to have one on one conversation as far as questions you may have and organizing your ideas.
regeneration restorative session back
regeneration restorative session hips legs
regeneration restorative session shoulders
regeneration restorative session BONUS heavy legs
poses of assessment part 1
poses of assessment part 2
Live yoga for knee and hip happiness part 1
Live yoga for knee and hip happiness part 2
Live Mindfulness in a nutshell part 1
Live Mindfulness in a nutshell part 2
Power Yoga for Sports II The Course Manual (4.73 MB)
Power Yoga for Sports II All About Joints (10.89 MB)
Power Yoga for Sports II Anatomy review (7.57 MB)
Power Yoga for Sports II Athlete and Injury Evaluation Guide (20 KB)
Power Yoga for Sports II Sequencing Tips (16 KB)
Power Yoga for Sports II Mindfulness Worksheets (79 KB)
Power Yoga for Sports II Poses of Evaluation Guide (456 KB)
Power Yoga for Sports II Pose Book II (66.72 MB)
ONLINE ATHLETE AND INJURY PREVENTION ASSESSMENT (164 KB)
Power Yoga for Sports II Sport Manual (49.61 MB)
LIVE audio master class and Top 10 Yoga Poses for Athletes and WHY!!! (55.87 MB)
GOAL BOOK2.0 (1.46 MB)