*PYFS Teacher Training level I
- Increase your visibility and credibility with athletes
- Increase your potential income with more clarity and knowledge to share
- Learn the time-tested trademarked techniques Gwen has used and developed
- Be affiliated with a respected teacher and her proven results based system
Power Yoga for Sports™ I Training
2.0 NEW IMPROVED, over 60 new pages added for ease of study
This training is no hoopla, no complicated formulations, no fantasy case studies, it is based on Gwen’s REAL hands on experiences working in professional sports since 1999, and hands on with over 3,000 professional athletes to date. No one in this industry can touch her experience. This is the real deal training, Gwen has always been devoted to spreading her knowledge and helping other people thrive in the business she has, earning a great living, in the career of their dreams!
Do you want to train athletes of all levels to do yoga?
Do you want to teach athletes to be proactive to health not reactive to injury?
Do you want to earn a living doing what you love?
Do you want to work in an environment of success, motivation and drive?
Then PYFS (TM) is for you!!!
Welcome to the basic PYFS online Teacher Training 2.0
In This course you Will:
- Understand why PYFS is distinctly different from just any other yoga and why Gwen has been so successful teaching over 3,000 Professional Athletes to date
- Learn PYFS 6 trademarked tools to successfully created the perfectly trained athlete
- Learn how to create original programs perfectly suited to each athletes needs
- Learn in depth study of body analysis, to identify athletes specific needs to eliminate potential problems before they happen
- Discover the distinct differences in training athletes’ while understanding our motto of “being proactive to health not reactive the injury”
Whether you are purchasing this Online Teacher Training course to deepen your own knowledge and practice, or intend to teach others you have made the right decision.
With PYFS, you belong to a community devoted to learning how to teach yoga specific to athletes. You will explore experiential anatomy, practice teaching in a variety of learning environments, and so much more. Gwen’s Power Yoga for Sports Teacher Training has trained teachers since 2003 in 18 countries that have continued on to flourish as both yoga teachers and practitioners.
What will you learn
- Help your students develop a heightened sense of body-awareness and safely apply this knowledge to any level athlete
- Realize how to effectively communicate to athletes of all ages understanding their unique convictions and attitudes
- Learn the same successful techniques Gwen Has used with her 2 time Super Bowl Champion NY Giants, & Knicks, Rangers, Red bulls, NYCFC, NY Yankees, MY Mets
- Understand the specific athletes needs for their sport and position (ie: pitcher vs. catcher)
- Increase your value to teams and athletes
What you will receive 2.0 enhanced version
Watch Gwen’s inspiring teachings.
- “The Best form of Rehab is Preventions” is an overview of how to assess the student on the spot and over time to expedite their learning and help you give the most bang for the buck. Also you will get:
- “Increase the Athletes Flexibility with Long Deep Holds”- a live look at Gwen teaching, how she has found the best techniques for your athlete’s tight spots and areas of weakness.
- A Live Class at an NCAA college with actual players.
- Two Part LIVE session of Gwen Training an Elite High School Football player, see her whole process how it unfolds. From assessing the player to putting him through a customized on the spot routine as well as laying out a plan to take home.
- Poses of assessment LIVE presentation, how to spot imbalances before they become injuries
- LIVE Filmed presentation of Gwen teaching the Course to watch again and again see student interaction and some bonus material.
Gwen’s own Course Power Yoga for Sports ™ Manual 2.0
This is the key tool for the program, you will follow read and re-read to not only learn but also absorb and be Power Yoga for Sports. This book is not available ANYWHERE else, it is exclusive to Power Yoga for Sports Trainees.
Gwen’s own Pose Book I
This book not only teaches you the basic PYFS poses but it also explains why the poses are useful and indispensable for ATHLETES.
SPECIAL BONUS for buying
Gwen’s Goal Setting Course 2.0 – Gwen believes so wholeheartedly that if you are not clear on your goals, you cannot train the elite to strive and achieve. So get clear on your personal journey and then use the course for your athletesto get them to the next level. This new version is double the size of the original. It is chock full of motivation, worksheets and examples to help you best succeed.
You would never give concrete, wood, nails and sheet-rock to a builder and expect them to build the house of your dreams would you? NO WAY…you have carefully thought out plans, so why go through your life without a plan and expect to live your best life? It is impossible. This course will set your table to succeed.
All applicants must possess one of the following certifications
- PROOF OF SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 200-HOUR PROGRAM FROM A REGISTERED YOGA SCHOOL.
- PROOF OF MASSAGE THERAPY, REIKI, OR OTHER HEALING PRACTICE TRAINING
- PROOF OF PERSONAL/FITNESS TRAINER CERTIFICATION
- PROOF OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEGREE, COACHING EXPERIENCE
Admission to the certification program is determined on a rolling basis. Given high program demand, we strongly recommend that you submit applications as early as possible (at least two months prior to the program start). PYFS does not discriminate with regard to race, ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation or religion.
To apply to the PYFS I Yoga Teacher Training, please:
1. Review information on costs, curricula, and general information about PYFS I on our website. All required reading books are bought separately.
2. Email Gwen@gwenlawrence.com
name, address, top three goals for PYFS , why you would like to join the program, past yoga experience.
Why Chose Power Yoga for Sports ™ and Gwen Lawrence?
With Power Yoga for Sports ™ you are hands down going to be part of the groundbreaking and original method of blending yoga with athletic greatness. Since 2003 Gwen Lawrence has worked in the industry herself paving the way and no doubt has thee most experience in the industry having personally trained over 3,000 professional athletes with her own two hands in over a dozen different professional sports, she has brought all her knowledge together in her courses and wants to be YOUR mentor! Gwen also is not like other online teachers; she wants to see you succeed and thrive in the business and makes her self available through email and consultation to help you through. Your career is her business. If you want to be the best train with the best!
“Best Innovation in Sports Medicine”-ESPN Magazine
Gwen Lawrence, BS LMT e-RYT500 Registered Yoga Therapist has been described as a “visionary” and “leader” in the yoga and sporting world. Her innovative approach to using ‘Power Yoga’ as a means for greater performance on the field has attracted the attention of professional athletes and teams throughout North America.
She has over 20 years experience as a seasoned athlete, yoga practitioner and teacher, as well as massage therapist. Gwen is a wealth of knowledge and expertise that is here to guide you through your teacher training process. Gwen’s unique combination of dance, massage and yoga training experience, coupled with her extensive knowledge of anatomy, and nutrition, provide her clients with overwhelming benefits.
Gwen is the yoga instructor for 5 Pro teams in NY. Her writing appears in Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Fitness Magazine, Shape Magazine, Yoga Journal, Cosmo, Details and shape.com, espn.com. She makes regular appearances on NBC TODAY show, Good Day NY, Dr. Oz. She was featured in June ESPN Magazine at the “Best innovation in Sports Medicine” as well she is a featured teacher for Gaiam DVD’s and Ads. She is also the star of the nationally syndicated The Better Man Show.
For more comprehensive Resume See Gwen’s Media Kit Link on the Home Page.
Fee: 850.00 payment options available email Gwen@gwenlawrence.com
1. As I have been reading through your websites, it looks like the specific sport training videos are sold separately.
not anymore they are all free on my app which is in transition and on my you tube channel, We have the Power Yoga for Spots Training kits available for purchase, as elite trainee you get discounts once you graduate.
2. I am currently working with some youth baseball and basketball players and am looking for some more specific training in regards to these sports.
They are included
3. What is the difference between the $1650 and $850 training?
850 is PYFS basic course
1650 is three courses and an excellent value + you are part of the PYFS team with all its benefits.
PYFS 1 PYFS 2 and the way of the mindful athlete curriculum course. Once you are done you are certified
E-PYFS, THIS LEVEL COMES WITH benefits you will see listed on the site
4. Do these both come with a certification?
Yes just different levels with different privileges
5. Are the online trainings all done independently with videos etc. or does Gwen do in person trainings?
The above trainings are all done on your own and you submit videos. Writings and observations at the end that I meticulously go over before giving certification. This way I am totally sure I feel comfortable I can give you a valid certification and you are ready to teach.
6. How long does the training typically take?
Since the online program is done at your own pace, it is difficult to nail down timing, as it is dependent on the lifestyle you have. Typically it has taken people 4 months to 12 months, also dependent on how quickly you read the required reading list, and which training level you go for.
7. How do you regulate when we complete our practice teaching.
If you are asking how I regulate how you pass/complete the course…there is a to do list to complete and final video to submit to me which I personally assess and go back and forth to you with questions until I feel comfortable that you are ready. Otherwise it is all done at your own ace so it can fit into your busy life and the life of people that have other jobs.
8. If I take the course online, with I still receive an official certificate?
9. Is there a starting date? Or will this training process be more on my own time?
Your own time
10. Approximately how many hours of training total? And how many hours do you recommend putting in each week?
It is really up to the time you have according to other work and commitments PYFS I is about 100 hours all together with all readings, and CEU's are recognized by yoga alliance as well as other fitness associations.
PYFS II is about the same, the mindful athlete course is about 10 hours.
11. Will there be one-on-one opportunities with you? (Skype, Zoom, phone calls, etc.)
My trainees have discounted sessions with me, elite track there are cheaper and in some cases free opportunities to Face Time, I encourage it to have one on one conversation as far as questions you may have and organizing your ideas. Elite trainees also get a free online assessment done by me which helps them learn a lot.
Testimonials from Students
Gwen is an awesome teacher and guide. Hands down she offers the most challenging and inspiring yoga practice. As an athlete, I was thrilled to find an approach that honored this drive, while at the same time opened up a whole new level of discovery of yoga. Gwen was THE inspiration for me to pursue certification. Gwen imparts an in-depth and practical understanding of the foundational elements of yoga and inspires you to explore your edge. Gwen is an anatomy junky and a strict observer of the principles of alignment. She offers a profound and deep review of these elements. I respect the critical importance these qualities of knowledge provide your of teaching. The opportunities for hands on assist and evaluation informed me immensely. As the training evolved, I gained the confidence to embrace my own skill and developed a keen desire to inspire others. “Trained by Gwen” holds marquee value and I do not take that for granted. Her standards and style are held in the highest regard, elevating my own value. I am incredibly grateful for Gwen’s friendship, continually guiding and informing my teaching. I am drawn to the community that gravitates to her teacher training, her classes, her commanding and fun personality and the continual learning opportunities. I feel incredibly blessed to have her guiding me on this crazy yogic journey I am on. – Shari Balaish
Gwen’s teacher training class took my 14 year old yoga practice and teaching to a much deeper, level. I went in thinking I was just going to learn more about some muscles and I came out of the training with not only a deeper knowledge base of the anatomy but much more that went way beyond my expectations. Gwen’s teacher training gave me the confidence to branch out of my comfort zone, I have since started my own yoga studio and loving it. Thank you Gwen, I am so grateful for having you in my life, and the ways in which your training transformed me! – Frannie Rochat
Inspiring! Knowledgeable! Motivating! I cant say enough positive things about Gwen! This training was life changing for me personally and professionally. I am Better, Stronger Happier! Gwen is able to communicate her vast knowledge in a fun understandable way with deep clarity. Her program prepared me to become a confident teacher with a strong foundation. I now teach with a greater understanding of alignment and have been able to help my students enjoy yoga safely through the tools and guidance I learned in from Gwen. Thanks to the knowledge and confidence I gained from Gwen’s Teacher Training Program I have been busy teaching both privately and in studios.Gwen is one of a kind! Motivating and supportive! Be prepared to change your life!!! – Nancy Hoffman
As a graduate of Gwen’s Power Yoga for Sports teacher training program, I’ve stepped confidently into teaching. The program and experience of working with Gwen has helped me tie all aspects of yoga together in a way that allows me to deliver specific yoga practices tailored for students and clients’ needs. Gwen’s leadership and teaching has allowed me to understand the practice of yoga on a deeper and more functional level, I find I”m able to clearly express and communicate to my students the benefits they are getting by the work they are putting into their practice. The hands on work and time Gwen gives during the Power Yoga for Sports training program has me know she is forever a resource and support in my teaching yoga and value wealth of knowledge she so generously shares. The time in this program has inspired me and given me the confidence to truly lead people in a strong and powerful practice. – Pamela Baur
This training is meant for existing yoga teachers only. Since it is a download, it is also non-refundable. By purchasing this training, you agree that Gwen Lawrence, Power Yoga for Sports LLC and all affiliated partners accept no liability for the content of this training, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing this information is strictly prohibited. The income examples on this website are just that – examples. They are not intended to represent or guarantee that everyone will achieve the same results. You understand that each individual’s success will be determined by his or her desire, dedication, background, effort and motivation to work. There is no guarantee you will duplicate any of the results stated here.
This product includes the following digital media:
Thank You for your purchase
bow and arrow analogy
Dominant Eye Explanation
Yoga for Athletes Wrestling
Yoga for Youth Athletes
Yoga for Men
LIVE session with Elite High School Football player Part 1
LIVE session with Elite High School Football Player Part 2
Live Long deep holds class
Live Poses of assessment ID imbalances before they become injuries part 1
Live Poses of assessment ID imbalances before they become injuries part 2
Live Yoga poses of assessment class
Power Yoga for Sports LIVE training Video pyfslive11556462614592
live part 2 pyfsLIVE21556466107498
live part 3 pyfsLIVE31556469630183
live part 4 pyfsLIVE41556473157005
live part 5 pyfsLIVE51556474925791
live part 6 pyfsLIVE61556478658653
live part 7 pyfsLIVE71556482361462
live part 8 pyfsLIVE81556486560020
live part 9 pyfsLIVE91556490760553
live part 10 pyfsLIVE101556494235465
live part 11 pyfsLIVE111556534388800
live part 12 pyfsLIVE121556538199865
PYFS2.0 (62.09 MB)
Power Yoga for Sports Pose Book 1 (950 KB)
Mind over Matter, a game changing article (639 KB)
GOAL BOOK2.0 (1.46 MB)
PYFS ADDENDUM A (16 KB)