*2.0 PYFS Teacher Training I
- Increase your visibility and credibility with athletes
- Increase your potential income with more clarity and knowledge to share
- Learn the time-tested techniques Gwen has used and developed
- Be affiliated with a respected teacher and her proven results based system
Power Yoga for Sports Training 2.0
NEW IMPROVED, over 60 new pages added for ease of study
While you are welcome to sign up for and take the Teacher Training I without Certification, to get the most benefit out of the program, you will want to:
Contact Gwen Lawrence to get approved to be a Fully Certified Elite Power Yoga for Sports™ Teacher.
BE 18 YEARS OF AGE
DISPLAY ENGLISH LANGUAGE COMPETENCY
DEMONSTRATE THE SKILLS, ABILITIES, EMOTIONAL MATURITY, AND MENTAL STABILITY TO SAFELY TEACH YOGA
HAVE AT LEAST TWO YEARS OF YOGA EXPERIENCE
Additional entrance requirement for Power Yoga for Sports Training:
All applicants must possess one of the following certifications
PROOF OF SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 200-HOUR PROGRAM FROM A YOGA ALLIANCE-REGISTERED SCHOOL.
PROOF OF MASSAGE THERAPY, REIKI, OR OTHER HEALING PRACTICE TRAINING
PROOF OF PERSONAL TRAINER CERTIFICATION
PROOF OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEGREE
Welcome to the basic Power Yoga for Sports Teacher Training 2.0
To what is sure to be a very exciting chapter in your life. Whether you are purchasing this Online Teacher Training course to deepen your own knowledge and practice, or intend to teach others You have made the right decision.
With PYFS, you belong to a community devoted to learning how to teach yoga specific to athletes. You will explore experiential anatomy, practice teaching in a variety of learning environments, and so much more. Gwen’s Power Yoga for Sports Teacher Training has trained teachers for the past 10 years who have continued on to flourish as both yoga teachers and practitioners. For Elite level Training and all its benefits look here:
About Gwen Lawrence:
Gwen Lawrence, BS LMT e-RYT500 Registered Yoga Therapist has been described as a “visionary” and “leader” in the yoga and sporting world. Her innovative approach to using ‘Power Yoga’ as a means for greater performance on the field has attracted the attention of professional athletes and teams throughout North America.
She has over 20 years experience as a seasoned athlete, yoga practitioner and teacher, as well as massage therapist. Gwen is a wealth of knowledge and expertise that is here to guide you through your teacher training process. Gwen’s unique combination of dance, massage and yoga training experience, coupled with her extensive knowledge of anatomy, and nutrition, provide her clients with overwhelming benefits.
Gwen is the yoga instructor for 5 Pro teams in NY. Her writing appears in Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Fitness Magazine, Shape Magazine, Yoga Journal, Cosmo, Details and shape.com, espn.com. She makes regular appearances on NBC TODAY show, Good Day NY, Dr. Oz. She was featured in June ESPN Magazine at the “Best innovation in Sports Medicine” as well she is a featured teacher for Gaiam DVD’s and Ads. She is also the star of the nationally syndicated The Better Man Show.
What will you learn?
LEARN THE GAME
- Help your students develop a heightened sense of body-awareness
- Learn the same successful techniques Gwen Has used with her 2 time Super Bowl Champion NY Giants.
- Understand the specific athletes needs for their sport and position (ie: pitcher vs. catcher)
- You will learn how to assess the athlete in conjunction with their sport and give them the practice that will support them to excel both on and off of the mat.
How to teach athletes with injuries
- Develop skills for teaching an athlete with injuries.
- increase your value to teams and athletes
- Learn to discover creative ways to warm-up and cool down the body
- Learn the benefits of classical yoga postures and how to weave them into posture sequences that make an exciting class
- Find ways to motivate students and safely pace your class according to students’ skill levels and experience
- Including how to offer modifications, posture options, clarification of contraindications, and how to create lesson plans for a complete series of classes with progressive levels of difficulty.
Principles of anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology
- Focus on safety, joint movement, range of motion, and a functional understanding of skeletomuscular systems and structures.
- Enable your students to experience body-mind integration and purification through yogic breathing
- Teach them to connect consciously with Prana, or life force—the inherent wisdom of the body
- Learn and practice creative ways of incorporating various methods of Pranayama into your posture sequences.
What you will receive!
Watch Gwen’s inspiring teachings.
- “The Best form of Rehab is Preventions” is an overview of how to assess the student on the spot and over time to expedite their learning and help you give the most bang for the buck. Also you will get:
- “Increase the Athletes Flexibility with Long Deep Holds”- a live look at Gwen teaching, how she has found the best techniques for your athlete’s tight spots and areas of weakness.
- A Live Class at an NCAA college with actual players.
- Two Part LIVE session of Gwen Training an Elite High School Football player, see her whole process how it unfolds. From assessing the player to putting him through a customized on the spot routine as well as laying out a plan to take home.
- Live class of Gwen Teaching Elite High School Wrestlers
- Poses of assessment LIVE presentation, how to spot imbalances before they become injuries
- and more
Gwen’s own Course Manual 2.0
This is the key tool for the program, you will follow read and re-read to not only learn but absorb and be Power Yoga for Sports. This book is not available ANYWHERE else, it is exclusive to Power Yoga for Sports Trainees.
Gwen’s own Pose Book I
This book not only teaches you the basic PYFS poses but it also explains why the poses are useful and indispensable for ATHLETES.
SPECIAL BONUS for buying
Gwen’s Goal Setting Course 2.0 – Gwen believes so wholeheartedly that if you are not clear on your goals, you cannot train the elite to strive and achieve. So get clear on your personal journey and then use the course for your athletes to get them to the next level. This new version is double the size of the original. It is chock full of motivation, worksheets and examples to help you best succeed.
You would never give concrete, wood, nails and sheet-rock to a builder and expect them to built the house of your dreams would you? NO WAY…you have carefully thought out plans, so why go through your life without a plan and expect to live your best life? It is impossible. This course will set your table to succeed.
1. As I have been reading through your websites, it looks like the specific sport training videos are sold separately.
not anymore they are all free on my app which is in transition and on my you tube channel, We have the Power Yoga for Spots Training kits available for purchase, as elite trainee you get discounts once you graduate.
2. Does the E-PYFS $1650 training include specific sport training too?
It is all about sport specific training learn 13 sports and then feel comfortable to create on your own.
3. I am currently working with some youth baseball and basketball players and am looking for some more specific training in regards to these sports.
They are included
4. What is the difference between the $15650 and $850 training?
850 is one course the basic pyfs training
1650 is three courses and an excellent value + you are part of the PYFS team with all its benefits.
PYFS 1 PYFS 2 and the way of the mindful athlete curriculum course. Once you are done you are certified
E-PYFS, THIS LEVEL COMES WITH benefits you will see listed on the site
Basic PYFS you are PYFS CERTIFIED!
5. Do these both come with a certification?
Yes just different levels with different privileges
6. Are the online trainings all done independently with videos etc. or does Gwen do in person trainings?
The above trainings are all done on your own and you submit videos. Writings and observations at the end that I meticulously go over before giving certification. This way I am totally sure I feel comfortable if I refer you and have you part of the team
7. How long does the training typically take?
Since the online program is done at your own pace, it is difficult to nail down timing, as it is dependent on the lifestyle you have. Typically it has taken people 4 months to 12 months, also dependent on how quickly you read the required reading list, and wchich training level you go for.
8. How do you regulate when we complete our practice teaching.
If you are asking how I regulate how you pass/complete the course…there is a to do list to complete and final video to submit to me which I personally assess and go back and forth to you with questions until I feel comfortable that you are ready.
9. I am interested in taking the certification program for the Power Yoga for Sports and would love to know more information as to how I can become certified. I have read your website but don’t see any information which states what qualifications a person requires
YOU NEED TO BE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
200 YOGA TEACHER
TRAINER OR IN SIMILAR BUSINESS
10. If I take the course online, with I still receive an official certificate?
11. Is there a starting date? Or will this training process be more on my own time?
Your own time
11. Approximately how many hours of training total? And how many hours do you recommend putting in each week?
It is really up to the time you have according to other work and commitments PYFS I is about 100 hours all together with all readings, and CEU's are recognized by yoga alliance as well as other fitness associations.
PYFS II is less
12. Will there be one-on-one opportunities with you? (Skype, phone calls, etc.)
My trainees have discounted Skype sessions with me elite track there are cheaper and in some cases free opportunities to FaceTime, I encourage it to have one on one conversation as far as questions you may have and organizing your ideas.
Thank You for your purchase
bow and arrow analogy
Dominant Eye Explanation
Yoga for Athletes Wrestling
Yoga for Youth Athletes
Yoga for Men
LIVE session with Elite High School Football player Part 1
LIVE session with Elite High School Football Player Part 2
Live Long deep holds class
Live Poses of assessment ID imbalances before they become injuries part 1
Live Poses of assessment ID imbalances before they become injuries part 2
Live Yoga poses of assessment class
PYFS2.0 (62.09 MB)
Power Yoga for Sports Pose Book 1 (950 KB)
Mind over Matter, a game changing article (639 KB)
GOAL BOOK2.0 (1.46 MB)