*PYFS Teacher Training I
- Increase your visibility and credibility with athletes
- Increase your potential income with more clarity and knowledge to share
- Learn the time-tested techniques Gwen has used and developed
- Be affiliated with a respected teacher and her proven results based system
While you are welcome to sign up for and take the Teacher Training I without Certification, to get the most benefit out of the program, you will want to:
Contact Gwen Lawrence to get approved to be a Fully Certified Power Yoga for Sports™ Teacher.
Welcome to 3 part Power Yoga for Sports Teacher Training
To what is sure to be a very exciting chapter in your life. Whether you are purchasing this Online Teacher Training course to deepen your own knowledge and practice, or intend to teach others You have made the right decision.
With PYFS, you belong to a community devoted to learning how to teach yoga specific to athletes. You will explore experiential anatomy, practice teaching in a variety of learning environments, and so much more. Gwen’s Power Yoga for Sports Teacher Training has trained teachers for the past 10 years who have continued on to flourish as both yoga teachers and practitioners.
About Gwen Lawrence:
Gwen Lawrence, BS LMT e-RYT500 Registered Yoga Therapist has been described as a “visionary” and “leader” in the yoga and sporting world. Her innovative approach to using ‘Power Yoga’ as a means for greater performance on the field has attracted the attention of professional athletes and teams throughout North America.
She has over 20 years experience as a seasoned athlete, yoga practitioner and teacher, as well as massage therapist. Gwen is a wealth of knowledge and expertise that is here to guide you through your teacher training process. Gwen’s unique combination of dance, massage and yoga training experience, coupled with her extensive knowledge of anatomy, and nutrition, provide her clients with overwhelming benefits.
Gwen is the yoga instructor for 5 Pro teams in NY. Her writing appears in Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Fitness Magazine, Shape Magazine, Yoga Journal, Cosmo, Details and shape.com, espn.com. She makes regular appearances on NBC TODAY show, Good Day NY, Dr. Oz. She was featured in June ESPN Magazine at the “Best innovation in Sports Medicine” as well she is a featured teacher for Gaiam DVD’s and Ads. She is also the star of the nationally syndicated The Better Man Show.
What will you learn?
LEARN THE GAME
- Help your students develop a heightened sense of body-awareness
- Learn the same successful techniques Gwen Has used with her 2 time Super Bowl Champion NY Giants.
- Understand the specific athletes needs for their sport and position (ie: pitcher vs. catcher).
- You will learn how to assess the athlete in conjunction with their sport and give them the practice that will support them to excel both on and off of the mat.
How to teach athletes with injuries
- Develop skills for teaching an athlete with injuries.
- increase your value to teams and athletes
- Learn to discover creative ways to warm-up and cool down the body
- Learn the benefits of classical yoga postures and how to weave them into posture sequences that make an exciting class
- Find ways to motivate students and safely pace your class according to students’ skill levels and experience
- Including how to offer modifications, posture options, clarification of contraindications, and how to create lesson plans for a complete series of classes with progressive levels of difficulty.
Principles of anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology
- Focus on safety, joint movement, range of motion, and a functional understanding of skeletomuscular systems and structures.
- Enable your students to experience body-mind integration and purification through yogic breathing
- Teach them to connect consciously with Prana, or life force—the inherent wisdom of the body
- Learn and practice creative ways of incorporating various methods of Pranayama into your posture sequences.
What you will receive!
Watch Gwen’s inspiring teachings.
- “The Best form of Rehab is Preventions” is an overview of how to assess the student on the spot and over time to expedite their learning and help you give the most bang for the buck. Also you will get:
- “Increase the Athletes Flexibility with Long Deep Holds”- a live look at Gwen teaching
- how she has found the best techniques for your athlete’s tight spots and areas of weakness.
- A Live Class at an NCAA college with actual players.
- Two Part LIVE session of Gwen Training an Elite High School Football player, see her whole process how it unfolds. From assessing the player to putting him through a customized on the spot routine as well as laying out a plan to take home.
- Live class of Gwen Teaching Elite High School Wrestlers
- poses of assessment LIVE presentation, how to spot imbalances before they become injuries
Gwen’s own E-Book
This is the key tool for the program, you will follow read and re-read to not only learn but absorb and be Power Yoga for Sports. This book is not available ANYWHERE else, it is exclusive to Power Yoga for Sports Trainees.
Gwen’s own Pose Book I and II
This book not only teaches you the basic PYFS poses but it also explains why the poses are useful and indispensable for ATHLETES.
SPECIAL BONUS for buying
Gwen’s Goal Setting Course – Gwen believes so wholeheartedly that if you are not clear on your goals, you cannot train the elite to strive and achieve. So get clear on your personal journey and then use the course for your athletes to get them to the next level.
You would never give concrete, wood, nails and sheet-rock to a builder and expect them to built the house of your dreams would you? NO WAY…you have carefully thought out plans, so why go through your life without a plan and expect to live your best life? It is impossible. This course will set your table to succeed.
Thank You for your purchase
bow and arrow analogy
Dominant Eye Explanation
Yoga for Athletes Wrestling
Yoga for Youth Athletes
Yoga for Men
LIVE session with Elite High School Football player Part 1
LIVE session with Elite High School Football Player Part 2
Live Long deep holds class
Live Poses of assessment ID imbalances before they become injuries part 1
Live Poses of assessment ID imbalances before they become injuries part 2
Live Yoga poses of assessment class
Power Yoga for Sports Pose Book 1 (950 KB)
Mind over Matter, a game changing article (639 KB)
BONUS Goal Setting Guide (60 KB)
Power Yoga for Sports the Course Manual (1.41 MB)